The Ultimate Guide to Women’s XL Clothes
Plus-sized women often struggle to find flattering and well-fitting clothes in their size. Fortunately, there is an increasing array of options available in women’s XL so there is sure to be something out there that make you look and feel your best!
When it comes to sizing for XL clothing, it can be confusing knowing where to start. It is helpful to understand the standard size guide for women’s XL size clothing. Generally, XL women’s clothing is a UK size 16-18, with XL sizes for dresses, tops, and coats a UK size 16 and XL sizes for jeans, trousers and skirts being a UK size 18.
Styles to Suit You
Getting the right clothes for your shape and size is important. Here are some tips to help you pick the perfect XL outfit:
- Tops: Choose tops that draw attention away from the midriff with well-fitting styles like cowl necklines and tunics.
- Dresses: Look for dresses with an empire waist that are loose around the tummy and thighs. Empire waist dresses fall nicely around the shoulders and create an hourglass shape.
- Jeans: Bootcut jeans are always a great option for larger figures as they help to balance out curves. Also, look for jeans with larger back pockets and a higher waist as they emphasise and enhance the backside.
- Outerwear: When picking a coat, choose oversized silhouettes as they create a flattering shape that drapes over your figure. Trench coats and duster coats are classic styles that will never date.
Where to Look
With such a wide range of styles and options, there are plenty of places to shop for women’s XL clothing. Here are some of the best:
- Avalon Plus-size Boutique: This independent boutique specialises in styles for the fuller figure. Shop for dresses, coats, tops and lingerie in sizes 14-32.
- ASOS Curve: ASOS have a dedicated plus-size brand called Curve that caters to sizes 18-30.
- Simply Be: Shop the stylish plus-size range of Simply Be for new-season apparel and accessories in sizes 12-32.
The Benefits of XL Clothing
It is safe to say that fashion is finally taking note and catering more to the larger figure in 2020. Not only are there more options available, but they are often more fashion-forward, stylish and comfortable. Many brands and stores are focusing on their ethical and sustainability commitments too, using more mindful materials in their XL clothing.
So, if you are a plus-size woman looking for quality and fashionable XL clothes, the range available right now is sure to have something that makes you feel confident and stylish.